BabyFruit Ticker

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Umm excuse me?


So I had no idea that the touching would start this early...let alone kind of bother me, talk about your personal space invasion! It started Easter Sunday. We ran into my aunt at church and my mom told her I was expecting and the first thing she does is reach out for my belly! I just played it off a bit. I mean you've now witnessed my bump, not too much to reach out for yet. I laughed and smiled and said thank you when she told me congratulations. Not quite as awkward as this next one.

We were scheduled to go over to my BIL for birthdays Easter afternoon and when we get there it was the usual how are you feelings and so on but later when MIL and FIL show up I'm sitting in the corner watching FIL walk up to me for our usual hello chat and he reaches down for my belly!! Whoa. I was shocked. If you knew my FIL he is not touchy, not even real talkative but more of a watcher. He is very....stoic? So for him to reach down to feel my bump was very strange. MIL just a few minutes later as I walked up to get some food asked to see my bump and lifted my shirt up! She was like oh I don't see anything. Okay so maybe you dont but I do and nothing fits and I usually buy a new Easter outfit every year and this year I wasn't going to buy something that wasn't maternity and couldn't wear to nicer family functions this year or church again later this season. Okay so I didn't say that but that is why I chose to wear maternity clothes for Easter....

Anyways so what is this obsession with pregnant bellies? They aren't public property. I haven't even touched my BFF's pregnant belly and I definitely won't unless 1. I ask first or 2. The baby is very active and she wants me to feel a kick or something. She was telling just the other day to wait until strangers do it!! Oh my gosh I just can't imagine a stranger doing it...I can't imagine doing it to a stranger...Oh and what is really funny (maybe not funny when it happens to me) is that she said some strangers have felt her baby and are like waiting for the baby to kick! She even tells them that he usually isn't active until night time and they still stand there with their hand on her belly waiting. She was like I guess I need to just grab a magazine haha.

I guess I better get used to it now. Or buy this shirt.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is strange...I mean, right now there isn't much of a bump to touch. I would feel awkward too! I have heard the same stories - random people now believe they have the right to touch you.