BabyFruit Ticker

Thursday, September 24, 2009

If at first you don't succeed...

Now that we have the intro out of the way I want to give you an overview of the past few months trying to conceive (TTC).



I stopped taking the pill in June 2008. I knew it took a while for your body to regulate after going off of the pill so I wanted to get a headstart. Sure enough I went through cycles of 78 to 40-something, and finally landed on 32 day cycles.



I started charting and takin prenatal vitamins in January. Charting is a way to monitor your body so you can pinpoint ovulation and maximize chances of conception. For more information go to http://www.fetilityfriend.com/



Our first official month trying ended up being in February. I was set to ovulate around Valentine's Day and since we had a little weekend get-a-way planned we decided to forego the condoms and see what happened. I tested about 10 days after and got what I believed was a faint positive. Since I didn't know for sure and Andrew was still debating whether or not there was a line there I waited a couple of days to test again. Well, there was no mistaking this one, negative. So whether or not this was a chemical pregnancy or no pregnancy is still up for debate.



After this we made the decision to stop trying until we got into our new house in May but I still continued charting just to make sure I was ovulating regularly and see the average day of each cycle I was ovulating. Now we have been trying for 5 months consecutively. Last month we had a little bit of a setback with charting. We had well-timed sex and my chart looked amazing. Everyday I woke up to a higher temperature and from the charts that I had seen that turned out to be positive I was well on my way. I got my hopes up but it was only a matter of time before they came crashing down. AF, that wench...I was upset, as well as Andrew. I stopped charting for the month of September. I mean if it wasn't going to do anything except get my hopes up why chart?



As of now I am in the 2WW. According to my old charts I ovulated this week, probably around Tuesday, and at the very latest today. I am definitely feeling the effects of not charting. I just wish I knew when I ovulated! So, if this is not our month we decided I would chart next month but only up until I confirm ovulation. Fingers crossed that this is our month though!

P.S. I promise not to be so boring next time, just had a lot of catching up to do :-)


No comments: